President: Abigail Keel
Treasurer: Andrew Beckerle
Secretary: Nick Drysdale
Vice President of Administration: Laura Hendrickson
Vice President of Programming: Lauren Sedlacek
Vice President of Communication: Hayden Lewis
Faculty Sponsor: Steve Burdic
- Abigail Keel was elected President of Sustain Mizzou in April 2012. She is a sophomore journalism major, and plans to work for public radio one day. She currently lives in Sustainahouse on College Ave. and likes the challenge of living in a community style house. She got involved with volunteering and environmentalism in high school through the Missouri Botanical Garden in Saint Louis. She was attracted to Sustain Mizzou because of the projects, but has stayed because of the people. She loves working with her Exec Board, and all the members of Sustain Mizzou!
- Andrew Beckerle is a St. Louis native, where he first started to take an interest in environmental issues. Since then he has enjoyed volunteering for Stream Team, working on organic farms and gardening in his backyard. He transferred into Mizzou after his freshman year, and he soon fell to liking the sustainability community for its activism, focus and delicious potlucks. In his free time he enjoys hiking, reading, cooking and swimming. He studies economics and Spanish.
- Nick Drysdale is the Secretary of Sustain Mizzou. He is a sophomore studying Psychology. He is living proof that you do not need to be of a certain breed or species to be a part of Sustain Mizzou!
Laura Hendricksen is the VP of Administration, is a 2nd semester junior, majoring in Spanish with a minor in PeaceStudies. She is also from Clovis/Fresno, California, in love with nature, as most people are and should be. She has been a member of Sustain Mizzou since my preemie freshman days. She is so happy to be a part of such an inspirational group of people, and plans on doing my best to help them in sustaining our lovely campus and our beautiful
- Lauren Sedlacek is a sophomore Sustainable Agriculture and Agricultural Economics student. She loves all things food! Ever since high school, agriculture has become her focus and passion whether it be sustainable production, community food security, or nutrition education for kids. Lauren’s favorite thing about Sustain Mizzou is the community of leaders who are active on campus, in the community, and are even looking to impact the world. She has been involved in the Food Project and Local Food for Local People Food Drive. Currently, she serves as the Vice President of Programming by coordinating project leaders and communicating between those leaders and exec board.
- Hayden Lewis is Vice President of Communications at Sustain Mizzou. He is a freshman from St. Charles, Illinois, majoring in Journalism and minoring in Political Science, and he hopes to one day work at a job he loves. Hayden has always been reverent of the environment, but it wasn’t until he came to MU that he decided to take action toward sustaining it — getting involved with as many environmental organizations as he could handle and even writing a weekly column on environmental issues for The Maneater throughout his first semester. Hayden’s favorite part of Sustain Mizzou is its ethos that everyone has the capacity to make a difference, and thus be a leader.
- Steve Burdic is Sustain Mizzou’s faculty sponsor and he works for the Sustainability Office on campus. He is also our advisor and the campus sustainability coordinator.